Senior Executive Assistant
We are seeking a highly efficient and experienced Senior Executive Assistant (full-time) who will provide senior level administrative support at the Vancouver head office and be responsible for an interesting range of duties including office management, executive administrative support, meeting planning, human resources and finance support. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Executive Assistant will be a critical link between TFRI, its staff and a large network of researchers and senior administrators at cancer research centres across Canada.
As a positive, gregarious, and highly organized individual you are motivated by the challenge of supporting a small but fast-growing national organization and helping to shape the effectiveness of its operations. You take pleasure in working with other high performers and helping them achieve success. You bring energy, creativity and a sense of humour to your work.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
- Overall management of front office duties, office space, purchasing supplies, equipment, and technology
- Schedule, organize and host internal meetings, both in-person and virtual using platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams for our Board, committees, councils, evaluation meetings, research meetings and workshops
- Prepare and maintain contact lists, agenda packages and meeting minutes
- Manage travel bookings for staff and meeting attendees as required
- Confidential administrative assistance to the President & Scientific Director, CFO and other members of the TFRI leadership team
- Assist with human resources and finance-related activities including safety processes, contracting and invoicing • Provide support for research funding programs, projects, communications, and other varied initiatives, as required
Our Successful Candidate
As our successful candidate for this important role, you have a passion to contribute to a vibrant not-forprofit organization where you will demonstrate your commitment to high standards of excellence, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills. in a friendly and team-based environment. You are a positive, self-motivated, self-reliant professional who proactively manages your time while navigating multiple priorities and activities. With your strong, diverse and tactful communication and interpersonal skills, you are a natural problem solver who pleasantly engages, facilitates and empowers those around you to get things done.
In addition, you must have/be able to demonstrate the following:
- A strong personal interest and commitment to the vision of Terry Fox and to the goals of the TFRI
- Post-secondary education in a business administration or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in a similar senior role
- Excellent ability to prioritize and to proactively manage multiple tasks and deliverables
- Ability to engage effectively and positively with staff and external stakeholders at different organizational levels with understanding, tact and diplomacy
- Superior computer skills including expertise using Zoom, Office 365 applications like Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams and Outlook, and other database applications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; ability to analyze and process financial data and draft documents and reports
- Fluency in French would be an asset.
You will be joining a small, highly professional, and passionate team that supports employee excellence, leadership, and growth.
Please email your cover letter and resume by October 11, 2021, to HR@tfri.ca with the subject line: Senior Executive Assistant – Application. We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information on TFRI, please visit our website.
We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and encourage applications from indigenous persons, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.