Deadline: May 16, 2022
Read the full job description in FR
The Terry Fox Research Institute (TFRI) www.tfri.ca is a charitable organization supporting research focused on improving cancer research outcomes for the benefit of patients everywhere inpartnership with Canadian cancer centres and universities. Together with the Canadian Government and our other research and funding partners, there are matching investments of up to $300 million over five years to create a transformation of cancer research in Canada by bringing together leading cancer research and treatment organizations acrossthe country and empowering them under the framework of the Marathon of Hope Cancer Centres Network (the ‘Network’) www.marathonofhopecancercentres.ca . We aspire to undertake the most impactful cancer research in Canada and to achieve Terry’s dream of a world without cancer by enabling the acceleration of precision medicine to improve outcomes for all cancer patients.
Summary of Responsibilities
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Program Manager works as part of the team administering the research inititiatives of the Marathon of Hope Cancer Centres Network (the ‘Network’). They are responsible for co-ordinating activities and performance against goals and promoting collaboration between the distributed research teams and working groups that make up the Network. They are also involved in the coordination of the scientific activities of the Network, interactions with Government and planning of the future developments of the Network.
Scope and Complexity
The Senior Program Manager for the Network is a key member of the Terry Fox Research Institute team to support the Network’s cancer programs. This position is based in Montreal, alongside the Executive Director. More specifically, the role will involve coordination of pan-Canadian activities with the Network’s Program Managers, Centres’ researchers and Government officials. The successful candidate is tasked with delivering updates on progress and reporting as required by funding sponsors of the Network’s research. Liaison with Network’s Program Managers, researchers at institutions across the Network and Government officials requires understanding, tact, diplomacy, under the auspices of TFRI's research policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
- Coordinate with the Executive Director and the Network’s program managers the activities of the Network, in keeping with the Network policies and relevant TFRI research administration policy
- Work with our team in organizing pan-national scientific meetings, workshops and seminars for the Network
- Prepare reports on Network activities required by, and to interact with, Government officials at Health Canada
- Work with our communications team to tell the stories that arise from the research
- Act as a key coordinator with the Network’s program managers for the effective organization of Network working groups
- Help maintain a dashboard of Network level goals, milestones and deliverables for the Network and its various initiatives
- Keep up to date project research data on the Institute’s TFRI research databases to ensure information is current for internal and externally-facing research databases
- Collaborate with the TFRI finance team to analyze and/or reconcile project milestones, deliverables with claims, expenditures and justifications for payment plans, and budget adjustments
- Level of education, training and experience equivalent to a degree in a scientific or technology subject, with five (5) or more years of work experience in a research-related environment
- Experience with clinical and translational cancer research, scientific meeting organization, manuscript and/or grant writing is especially sought after
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Computer skills, including experience using standard office applications (Office 365), web-based applications (Sharepoint) and database applications (mostly MS-SQL) and their administration
- Ability to work as a team member when under time constraints
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job, including occasional travel within Canada
- Working knowledge of French is an asset
Please email your COVER LETTER and RESUME by May 16, 2022 to email@example.com with the subject line: Senior Program Manager – Application. We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information on TFRI, please visit our website.
We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and encourage applications from all interested individuals including Indigenous persons, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.