Media outlets across Canada highlighted the historic launch of the Marathon of Hope Cancer Centres that took place last Friday, April 12th in St. John's, N.L.
The event, which was held exactly 39 years after Terry Fox began his Marathon of Hope by dipping his prosthetic leg into the Atlantic Ocean near the St. John's harbour, will be the first of several in which the Terry Fox Research Institute and its national and regional partners reveal their plan to unite cancer research centres across the country to make precision medicine for cancer a reality.
Here is a list of some of the outlets that covered the launch:
- Terry Fox's latest contribution to cancer care: The Marathon of Hope Cancer Centres Network (André Picard, The Globe and Mail)
- Institute unveils "Team Canada of cancer research" at spot where Terry Fox began run (Michael Macdonald for Canadian Press, published in Globe and Mail, CTV, Global News, National Post, Toronto Star and other outlets throughout Canada)
- Terry Fox Research Institute launches 'precision medicine' network to better treat cancer (CBC News)
- Marathon of Hope Network Launch (CBC Here and Now, St. John's, N.L., Posted on Facebook)
- Terry Fox Research Institute precision medicine (Radio Spot; St. John's Morning, CBC, N.L.)
- Atlantic Cancer Consortium aims to achieve Terry Fox's dream (Beth Penny, NTV- N.L.)
- Terry Fox's inspiration keeps pushing cancer research efforts 39 years later (The Telegram, N.L.)
- Terry Fox Research Institute unveils "Team Canada of cancer research" (630 CHED Afternoon News, Edmonton. AB)
- Terry Fox Research Institute unveils Canadian cancer care network (VOCM- N.L)
- Brother of Terry Fox praises new cancer network (VOCM - N.L.)
- Coverage on the Marathon of Hope Cancer Centres (TSN Radio 1040, Vancouver)