The Terry Fox Research Institute's Ontario Node is happy to announce that it will be holding its annual Research Symposium on Thursday, Dec. 12 at the MaRS Collaboration Centre.
This year's event will be called "Novel Cancer Targets and Emerging Therapies" and will include keynote addresses, poster sessions and rapid fire talks.
Below you will find more information on this year's event. For additional information on the TFRI Symposium, please contact Donna De Francesco: firstname.lastname@example.org
Novel Cancer Targets and Emerging Therapies
The annual Terry Fox Research Institute’s, Ontario Node Research Symposium, hosted by Drs. Marianne Koritzinsky, Trevor Shepherd, Peter Greer, Kristin Hope, Carolina Ilkow, Cheryl Arrowsmith and Robert Rottapel will be held in collaboration with the Structural Genomics Consortium (SGC) on Thursday, December 12, 2019 in the MaRS Collaboration Centre (South Tower, lower level, 101 College Street, Toronto) from 8:45am-5:00pm.
THE POSTER SESSION & reception will be held from 5:00PM-6:30PM in the Heritage Atrium (MaRS Centre, South Tower, 1st Floor, 101 College Street, Toronto). The poster awards ceremony will take place during the reception. Three top posters will receive a monetary award!
RAPID FIRE TALKS will be held during the symposium, these provide a unique opportunity for postdoctoral fellows to showcase their work!
- Professor Tim Willson, Structural Genomics Consortium, University of North Carolina: Building a complete kinase inhibitor set for known kinases.
- Professor Craig Crews, Yale University: Protac technologies, drug triggered protein degradation.
- Professor Jakob Glanville, Biodistributed: New approaches in phage display technology.
KEY-DATES & DETAILS:
- Registration (FREE) – REGISTRATION IS OPEN! Please follow the link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PMJW65X
- Abstract Submission – OPENS Friday, September 26th/Closes Friday, November 1 at 5:00PM.
- Rapid Fire Talks – The top 10 postdoc abstracts submitted will be given a unique opportunity to showcase their work!
- Agenda – Coming soon!
- Poster Session & Reception – Thursday, December 12th (5:00pm-6:30PM) The Heritage Atrium, located on the 1stst floor of the MaRS Bldg.)